How to enable/disable 2FA Security?
Two-Factor Authentication (2FA) security adds an extra layer of security to your account. Whenever you want to log into your account on a new device, you'll be asked to provide a TOTP code from your authentication app.
How to enable Two-Factor Authentication (2FA)
To enable 2FA, please carefully follow the steps below:
- Login to your Account
- Scroll down the left side menu to the PROFILE section. Click on the Settings option/page under it
- At the Settings page, scroll down till you find the Two-Factor Authentication box. Read the information carefully, then click on "Enable"
- An expanded window will appear. Read the instruction clearly and carefully. Proceed to scan the QR code shown to you using your phone authentication app (Google Authenticator or Authy) OR copy the Setup Key shown and enter it manually in your authentication app
- Once you've scanned the QR code (or entered the Setup Key manually), your authentication app will generate a 6 digit code that repeatedly expires and refreshes within a short time frame. Copy the 6 digit code from your authentication app and paste into the assigned box. Then click "Confirm"
- Congratulations! You've successfully set up 2FA configuration for your account. Whenever you want to log into your account on a new device, you'll be asked to provide a TOTP code from your authentication app
- Upon successfully setting up 2FA configuration for your account, you'll be presented with a set of Recovery codes (as shown in the image below). Store the Recovery codes in a secure place. They can be used to recover access to your account if your two-factor authentication device is lost
How to disable Two-Factor Authentication (2FA)
If you determine that you do not need 2FA, and you want to disable it, simply go to the Settings page, and click on the "Disable" button at the Two Factor Authentication box
Tip: Make sure to always use a strong password that is not reused on any other websites or services and practice proper security/password management